|The three types of web-based consultations available are
- Email consultations.
- Real-time online consultations.
- Telephone consultations.
- Is online service cost-effective?
Email consultations are considerably cheaper than the cost of a full in-session appointment.
- Can I post a question when I actually wanted to?
Yes. You can communicate with the experts through the email service at any time.
- How long will it take for me to get a response?
Your concerns and questions are generally addressed within 2-5 days.
- Are online services convenient of?
Many clients have difficulty in finding and/or accessing a sex clinic due to embarrassment, time constraints and other personal issues. The online service allows you to receive answers and therapy in the comfort of your own home and at a time to suit you.
- What are the benefits of online services?
Many clients forget critical aspects of advice given in traditional 'in-session' appointments. Online consultations give you a written record of expert’s instruction. You can save and print out expert’s replies for future reference.
- Is online an easy means of discussing personal problems and issues?
Many clients find online service as an easy means of discussing problems and issues, which they are embarrassed to discuss in person. Communicating via email allows you to take your time to carefully word your thoughts and questions, and to receive direct, targeted answers for the specific questions that you have raised.
|Online Consultation Charges
- No charge for incoming emails (there is no limit to the length of your emails - you can write as much as you like without charge)
- No charge for reading time (Experts won’t charge to read your emails, only for the time taken in preparing a reply).
- No charge for outgoing administrative emails (emails regarding changes to appointment times, invoices, or statements are not charged for).
- No charge for outgoing, unsolicited emails (You will not be charged for emails that experts write to you of their own accord – for example, to provide you with new information or to check on your progress. You will only be charged when a expert replies to an email of yours).
- Charges for email consultations (i.e. responses to your emails) are billed in whole minute increments at our standard in-session rate.
- How confidential are my emails?
We encourage clients not to provide personally identifying information on the question. Any such provided information, by need or mistake, will be kept confidential or removed immediately. No unauthorized persons will have access to personal information.
- Are there any sign-up fees or ongoing charges?
No. There are no upfront fees. You are not joining a gym or club. You simply pay for the consultations that you make.
- How will I know how much an e-consultation has cost me?
The fees will be discussed and fixed before the consultation. Client’s annual income will be asked to assess affordability. Minimal fixed fees will be used for clients who are financially disadvantaged. After completing this assessment the experts will determine whether on-line services are appropriate for your condition.
- How do real-time online consultations (RTOCs) work ?
An online chat facility will be developed specifically for SSS Centre for Sexual Health. Meanwhile, popular chat facilities like Yahoo, MSN, Gmail and Skype will be used to do RTOC.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of RTOCs ?
Utilising the technology of the internet, real-time online consultations offer a unique method of providing sex therapy to clients at a distance. This method has the advantage of being immediate – questions are posed and answered as they might be in the course of an in-session consultation. RTOCs are not, however, as cost efficient as email consultations since, in the latter case, only time spent responding to emails is billed. (You may take 30 minutes drafting questions in an email consultation and this is not billed. In an RTOC your writing time forms part of the clinical session and the total time of the session is billed). Also, unlike email consultations, RTOCs do not allow you to write at your own convenience, at any time of the day or night (ie. sessions must be booked).
|How To Become An Online Client
Becoming an online clients of SSS Centre for Sexual Health is easy.
No assessments are needed and you can begin online consultations immediately.
- Register yourself on the website (for free)
- Once registered, you will be able to post questions to the experts under the specific category.
- Provide a brief description of your problem/s. In order to maintain the high standard and quality of our services, experts will conduct a thorough assessment with all new online clients.
- All new clients will be (1) asked to send more information, if needed; (2) contacted to make a brief telephone assessment, and; (3) requested to complete a series of questionnaires to assess your current functioning.
Only by completing this assessment experts can determine whether on-line services are appropriate for your condition.
If you don’t want to register on the website, simply send us an email at
providing a brief description of your problem.
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 June 2010 14:12